Wednesday, May 25, 2011

CWRU Calls Today

Got a call on the cell from a 216 number.  Couldn't imagine who it would be, but it turned out to be CWRU Law.  If we rewind a little bit, CWRU Law rejected me outright a few months back.  I was a little stunned at the time.  I wasn't even waitlisted.  I was one of the "Wow, you really don't belong here" guys.

Now, I really didn't intend to attend CWRU.  It was a bit of an ego-stroke thing.  I wanted to be accepted.  I also graduated from CWRU b-school.  So, I guess there was a sort of sentimental angle to wanting to be accepted to the law school. 

The caller said they're re-evaluating some of the applicants based on some sort of new or revised criteria.  She asked if anything had changed in my circumstances or whether I would be interested in them taking another look at my application packet.

In all honesty, I was going to go to U of Toledo all along, anyway.  They actually came through with a $10,000 a year scholarship.  (Roughly half-ride.)  So, they've been pretty good to me so far.  As sure as I was that I was going there before, once I got the scholarship, that pretty much sealed it. 

For the briefest of moments, I considered lying just to see if they'd re-consider my app and perhaps admit me.  However, I simply told them the truth:  that I have decided to go to a different school.

No comments:

Post a Comment