Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Civ Pro E&E, FASFA, Taxes, Glasses

I need to get some signatures to file my amended tax returns.  After that, it's time to fill out my FASFA and wait to talk to financial aid about what sort of loans I can take out next year. 

I finally knocked out a couple of chapters in my Civ Pro E&E book today.  Took me a while to get around to it.  I bought some off the shelf reading glasses and they help.  I need reading glasses.  It was hard to read without them and I think it made me tired to do it.  I think I may need a milder prescription than what I bought, though.  Might try a few other ones.

It's May, now.  School starts the last part of August.  So, three and a half months and I'll be in the thick of it.  It's going to be strange to be grinding away, attending class, doing a mountain of reading, yet not knowing what my grade is going to be until the very end when I take my exams.

Need to get through this E&E and two others and I'll be fully ready, I think.  I also need to get the LEEWS CDs and "Getting to Maybe".  Lots of work to do.

Hard to do since my son is in his travel baseball season, now.  I know next year, I won't be able to take as active a role on his team.  (I keep the stats book, now, and help out with practices quite a bit.)

Business has improved a tad, and that's reduced my stress level quite a bit.  It was hard to focus on much when the biz was in the process of dying.

Every month the business can stay afloat is a pretty big victory.  The grand scheme is to keep it going until I finish school.  If I get a good job offer, I'll sell off the business and go work in the law.  If I don't get a good job offer, I'll keep the business while I establish my practice.

That all becomes moot if the thing craters between now and then.  It really is an integral part of my law school plan.

I also need to find a way to juggle my military reserve service in all this.  I do it not so much for the money, in fact, I spend as much money on travel to/from my drill location as I make.  However, it does give me great health care benefits at a very modest cost.  I'd hate to lose that. 

Also, I can see how taking some time away from law school to do a military deployment might actually be a really good thing for a lot of reasons.

The whole thing is getting closer to reality, now.  I've been saying for years and years that I needed to go back to school and learn something new. 

At my age, this is my last hurrah.  I'm just trying to make it count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment