Thursday, December 8, 2011

Halftime in the Finals Game!

Today I finished my Civ Pro exam.  My two worst subjects:  Contracts and Civ Pro, are behind me.  My two better subjects:  Property and Torts, are ahead.

One more week and the semester is over.  Nothing left but the cryin' when grades come in.

I made at least one dumb mistake on the Contracts exam that is probably big enough to keep me out of the best grades on the test.  Other than that, I felt okay with it. 

Today, I did well on the essays for Civ Pro, but I got annihilated on the multiple-choice questions.  Probably did bad enough that regardless of my essays, I'm hosed for a good grade in there, too.

On the bright side, I don't feel like I did poorly enough in either class to have to repeat it.  A C- or lower means you have to take the class again. 

Taking a little break with my son.  We went to his school book sale for a few minutes, then off for ice cream.  I'll probably get started a little with Torts tonight.  That's the 4 credit hour class.  Worth it to try and do as well as possible.

I'm really enjoying taking exams.  This is bittersweet, though.  Once the grades come in, the period of self-delusion will be over.  We'll have our grades, we'll know our relative place in the scheme of things.  1L grades are largely destiny and first semester grades are huge.  Still, after everything is said and done, I want to know how I did.  It'll be nice to have some actual grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment