Friday, December 2, 2011

First Day of Crunchtime Down...

Well, I'm finished with my first day of Crunchtime.  I think I know my Contracts outline, now.  Will reinforce it over the next 3 days.  The Contracts final is on Tuesday.  I also tightened up my Civ Pro outline.  I will be working on it this weekend, too, but a little less than Contracts.  I pretty much have 2 days to prepare for the Civ Pro exam after the Contracts exam.

Feeling good about Contracts.  As always, work to do on Civ Pro. 

I'm already feeling a little edgy and a little stressed.  It dawned on me that law school is easy until final exams time.  You don't have to do anything until final exam time.  If you want, you can sleep in every class and surf the internet.  It's only on the exams that you really have something to do, then it's learning 4 months worth of stuff in every class for winner take all exams.

I still feel pretty good.  If I get straight Cs, so be it.  I'll keep trudging along so long as I don't have to repeat any classes.

I am starting to feel bad that I've been neglecting my business.  We'll finish the year at $400,000 in revenues, give or take.  That's not a bad year, but it sure isn't a good one.  We should really be recovering back to our old sales volumes of $850,000 or so.  I know I need to spend more time there.  It's just hard to do the way they structure 1L classes.  They do it so that you pretty much are in school 5 days a week for a big chunk of the day.

2L will be a lot better.  My plan is still to try and take all my classes on 2 days a week.  Outside of class, I need to work on my business.  I've enjoyed this little escape from reality, but I need to get back to things.  Of course, this may very well mean that I won't be able to look for part-time law work, but I've always known that going to law school at this point in my life would involve compromise.

Oh well.  One thing at a time.  I have to get through these next two weeks of finals.  After that, I'll have all sorts of time to deal with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment