Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crunch Time

Halfway through week 9 and it's officially crunch time.  I got my final memo materials today.  That's basically the final exam for my legal research and writing class.  It's 70% of the grade.  Need to get a good grade on it to get a good grade in the class.

Also, in property, our midterm is next Thursday.  It's just on estates and future interests.

I'm still sorta exhausted from the trip to Texas.  I'm pursuing a transfer to the IRR, which means I won't be an drilling reservist anymore.  I hate to do it.  My military service was one of the aspects of my life I was most proud about.  However, I lost money every drill because I was travelling to Texas at my own expense. 

The other big problem was that this left nobody to watch my son if his mom had to work.  So, although I really hate the idea, my military career is over.  I never intended to stick around for retirement.  Just wanted to be here to deploy if the troop levels got thin.  These days, they're lowering headcount.  I may as well make their job easier.

Not sure how smoothly the transfer will go.  I've come to distrust military administration, but with any luck, by Christmas or so, the whole situation will be resolved.

Logan's football season ends this weekend.  That is happening at just the right time.  I need to hunker down with the books and having 2 hours worth of football practice most nights was more than I should probably have dealt with.  I just felt that it wasn't fair to the head coach not to get help and although a few other dads showed up here and there, and one in particular showed up pretty regularly, most practices, they really did need my help.  Probably could have survived without it, but 10 year olds need a lot of guidance.

I'm still tired and sleep deprived from my trip.  I'm also probably ever so slightly behind at school.  Starting next week, though, I should have more than enough time to catch up.  I'm eager, yet somewhat anxious about next week's mid-term.  That and the memo are the only graded assignments I'll have until the final exams.

Things just got serious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment