Monday, October 3, 2011

Halfway There

This is week seven, pretty much after tomorrow, I'm at the midpoint of the semester.  I turned in my first memo, which will not be graded, but will be critiqued.  It is basically the first assignment I've turned in this semester.  The prof is meeting with us throughout the next couple of weeks to provide feedback on how we did.

So far, so good.  I do wish I weren't coming here five days a week but I think that's something they do deliberately to 1Ls.  This will be much smoother next year when I'm only here 2 or 4 days a week. 

I still have so much work to do on my outlines.  It's not that I'm falling behind at all.  I just wish I were a little further ahead and more on top of things.

I go to Fort Worth for drill at the end of next week.  I don't think I'll be able to attend either the November or December drill.  November drill will be right before the big memo is due for legal writing.  That's 70% of the grade for the course.  December drill is right in the middle of final exams.  Again, no way. 

I'll have to talk it over with my commander and XO this weekend.  It may very well be that I can't do Navy reserve and law school, both.  If push comes to shove, it'll suck, but I'll stick with law school.  I never really intended to stick it out in the reserves and retire.

In the mean time, I'm really tired.  3 more weeks of Logan's football season.  So, there's an end in sight, there.  However, baseball Fall workouts have started.  I hope they don't do more than one day a week of that.  Those usually end sometime at the end of October or the beginning of November.  However, in the Spring, right after New Year, the indoor baseball workouts start.

I really don't want to be that involved with Logan's baseball team, since things will be ramping up just in time for Spring final exams, but it doesn't look like the parents for that team are very involved at all.

Just taking it a day at a time, a week at a time.  Time is flying by.  I have no doubt I can finish law school.  At this point, though, I have no idea beyond that. 

Just gotta grunt it out and do it.  I'm not really in a different boat than my classmates, except that my time is a bit more constrained.  We'll see what's what when the first semester grades are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment