Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Blood... Mid-term in Property

Today was our first real graded work of the semester.  We had a mid-term in property over Estates and Future Interests.  It will only be 30% of our grade in that class.  So, I guess it's possible to bomb it and still do well in the class, overall.

I think I did adequately prepare for the thing.  Strategized everything well.  Went into the test with everything I need.  I also usually test well.  However, I usually don't do well on ultra-detailed stuff and that's kinda what this was.  Most attorneys can remember learning things like the Doctrine of Worthier Title, the Rule in Shelley's Case, and the Rule Against Perpituities.  They're sort of like a tough logic problem that you apply to various estate grants.

So, how did I do?  I don't think I messed anything up.  I knew the material.  If I missed something, it was missing details in the question.  Trouble with that is, I wouldn't know that until/unless somebody else pointed it out to me.  I just won't know how I did until I get the results back.

Part of it also, is that it depends not just on how I do, but how everyone else does, too, since this is graded on a curve.  I really don't think I flunked, but I could realistically see getting the thing back with anywhere from a C to an A on it and I wouldn't be shocked. 

No rest for the wicked, though.  I need to plunge into my Memo, which is basically the bulk of my grade in Legal Research and Writing. 

No class tomorrow, though.  I am looking forward to a few days away from school.  I just got my schedule for the Spring and it blows.  Classes all 5 days a week, including a 3 hour, 20 minute gap two days a week. 

Next Fall, though, I'm busting my butt to try and get all my classes squeezed into two days a week.  I also hope they have an interesting elective that only meets once a week on Tuesday nights.

Oh well.  I'm tired, but need to complete a citation workshop before I turn in to bed.  Should only take 20 minutes or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment