Friday, September 30, 2011

Still Standing

We're entering the middle weeks of the semester.  The newness has worn off and things have settled into a routine.  I still don't feel overwhelmed, but I still need to do more work on this stuff.

This weekend, I have an ungraded paper to finish.  I could use the critique because the next one will be graded and will comprise almost all of my grade in the class.

For the first time in my life, I'm going to start brown-bagging my lunch.  There just aren't enough places to eat around the law school.  There are quite a few within a 10 minute walk, but that means a 20 minute round-trip where I could be reading.  I've had Jimmy Johns deliver quite a few lunches and that works okay, but I have to be on the lookout for the delivery person instead of diving whole hog into my reading.

Next few weeks will be a test of a different kind.  I have drill for the Navy.  I won't drill near final exam time, but other than that, it'll be fair game.  I'll see if this puts an unreasonable burden on my studies.  I'm hoping it doesn't.  Service to my country is still a huge part of who I am. 

I am pretty sure they deliberately schedule 5 days a week of classes for 1Ls as part of discouraging us from getting any sort of part-time job.  I really am looking forward to 2L and beyond, though.  Worst case, I think I'll have a 4 day week, and I really will bend over backwards to get all my classes in either Monday / Wednesday or Tuesday / Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment