Friday, March 18, 2011

Personal Statement

Honestly, I didn't submit a personal statement to Toledo.  Though, they said that the scholarship committee usually likes to look at them.  So, I threw together one.  I basically broke all the rules:  put it together hastily and sent it off.  Thing is, I need a scholly determination soon because the deadline to reserve my seat is rapidly approaching.  It's next week.  If I don't have the scholarship, I may not go to school here. 

I did a personal statement for CWRU, but frankly, I may as well have written "yadda, yadda, yadda".  For admissions, I'm sorry, but I believe that 99% of the decision is LSAT and GPA.  The other 1% is whether the guys on the admissions committee got laid last night or are sufferring indegestion from bad italian food they ate at lunch.

I feel like I have the beginnings of a great personal statement, but I just couldn't quite whip it all together at the end.  Tried a few different tacks, but I really need a few more days to get this thing together.  I think I covered 90% of the ground I need to for the scholarship committee, though. 

Now, it's back to waiting.  Even if I could just get a 50% scholarship, that would make a world of difference.

I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment