Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Plan Takes Shape

Okay, in my usual style of winging it and figuring it out as I go, I didn't know what applying to law school would entail until I was already in the process.  So, yeah, I made some mistakes along the way.

Here on out, the plan has taken form. 

1.  I'm going to wait until the day before deadline to put down my seat deposit.

2.  I am just so sick at the idea that if I had managed this whole thing better I may have a chance for a scholarship.  However, with any luck, the scholarship committee will have a chance to come up with a decision.  I'm not optimistic.  I would have been a longshot for a scholarship to begin with, but apparently the entering class has a lot more applicants and they're being more selective than usual for admission.  I expect that this means the ante is higher for scholarships, too.

3.  I'm going to buy an E&E and get cracking on it, now. 

4.  I am a little worried about the idea that I may not qualify for enough student loans to do this.  The first $8,000 or so is easy to get.  The next $12,000 is problematic.  All I can say about that is, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

I suppose if worst comes to worst, I can enroll as a part-time student.  That's not a great way to go, but it could work.  I could move over into the full-time section when/if my circumstances permit.

Like pretty much... oh... everybody else in this thing, I'm going to be gunning for the top spot.  Unlike a lot of my classmates, I have a realistic shot at it.

This may involve getting some help for a mild learning disability I deal with.  However, this could very well be the difference between being in the top 10% and being #1.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment